The County of Bladen would like to introduce and welcome you to our 17 Collection Sites for disposal and recycling of household solid waste materials.
We ask for your support and cooperation in keeping these sites clean and abuse free.
Bladen County Collection Sites
Acceptable Materials: (Convenient/Recycling Centers)
- Household garbage - (Commercial garbage is not household and MUST be taken to theTransfer Station).
- White goods (refrigerators, washers, etc.)
- Tires (pickup or car – 4 per week, must be off rim)
- Used motor oil (5 gallons per week in sturdy, closed containers)
- Yard waste (leaves and limbs, pickup load or equivalent/maximum 3” in diameter and 3’ in length)
- Brown goods (couches, mattresses, TVs, etc.)
- Bikes, lawnmowers and other scrap metals
- Mixed recyclables (#1-7 plastics, glass bottles and containers, aluminum cans, steel/tin food cans, corrugated cardboard, paperboard cartons/boxes and mixed paper such as newspaper/magazines.
- Oyster shells
- Oil filters
- Computers and their components
- All bagged garbage MUST go into the compactor unless stated otherwise by site attendant.
- One load at four (4) cubic yards will be accepted per day. Four cubic yards equals out to the bed of a full-sized pickup.
Acceptable Materials (Transfer Station Only)
- All of the above
- C & D (Construction and demolition debris – wood, shingles, sheet rock, etc.)
- Corrugated Cardboard (please call ahead of time for further instructions).
- Commercial Waste
- Car/Truck Tires (Must be off rim)
- Wood Pallets.
Unacceptable Materials (All sites)
- LCID (Land clearing and inert debris/stumps and trees)
- Hazardous waste
- Unknown products
- Poisons, herbicides or pesticides
- Dead animals
- Burn barrels and ashes
- ALL liquids except motor oil
Swap Shops – Drop off area, located at each convenient/recycling center, for reusable items and clothing. Building is devided into Swap Shops and Recycling Area. Only items on the Swap Shop side are available to the public.
- All items received must be clean and in good condition.
- Clothing must be on hangers.
Note: Rights of ownership are relinquished once items are received at the Swap Shop.
NO monies will be handled or kept at centers.
Only 3 items per week may be picked up by the same individual.